Morning Coffee - A Caffeinated News Update
March 12, 2012
March 12 (Today) Harbor Commission Meeting
March 13 Environmental Committee Meeting
March 13 City Council Meeting
March 14 LBUSD Joint Use Committee Meeting
March 15 Water Commission Meeting
March 15 Airport Advisory Commission Meeting
March 15 Planning Commission Meeting
March 15: The Long Beach Area Chamber of Commerce hosts a fundraiser for 4th District council candidate John Watkins, 5:30-7 p.m., Hotel Maya. RSVP at 562/432-7830 or by e-mailing email@example.com.
March 21: The Arts Council for Long Beach hosts a free candidate forum for the Long Beach Unified School District Board and the Long Beach City Council, 6-8:30 p.m., Museum of Latin American Art. Visit http://www.artslb.org.
March 12: Councilmember Gerrie Schipske hosts “Open Up Long Beach” for the public to learn how to track the activities of the city council, 6:30-8:30 p.m., El Dorado Community Center. Visit http://www.longbeach.gov/district5.
March 13: The Long Beach Area Chamber of Commerce hosts a free Federal Technology Center seminar regarding general services administration schedules, 9 a.m. to noon, Long Beach Area Chamber of Commerce conference room. Register by visiting http://www.lbchamber.com/events.
March 13: The Long Beach Area Chamber of Commerce hosts “Good Afternoon Long Beach Business Networking Lunch” with speaker Amy Bodek, Long Beach Development Services director, 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m., Forbidden City Restaurant. Register at http://www.lbchamber.com/events or by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
March 15: The Women’s Business Council hosts its “Power Networking” luncheon, 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., Bliss 525. Call 562/432-8128.
March 15: Councilmember Gary DeLong hosts the 3rd District Neighborhood Association meeting with guest speaker Mayor Bob Foster, noon, Long Beach Yacht Club. RSVP at 562/570-8756 or by e-mailing email@example.com.
March 15: The California Foreclosure Institute hosts a free workshop for beginner investors and realtors on how to find and buy foreclosure properties, 6-8 p.m., Long Beach Petroleum Club. Register at 888/285-0101 or by visiting http://www.foreclosureworkshop.net.
March 20: The International Business Association hosts a “Long Beach Airport Update” luncheon, 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., Westin Long Beach. Call 562/432-8128.
March 28: The Center for International Trade and Transportation and METRANS host the free 2012 Point/Counterpoint forum, “The Future of Southern California Goods Movement: Will We Survive or Thrive in 2025,” 6-9 p.m., Carpenter Performing Arts Center. Visit http://www.ccpe.csulb.edu/citt.
The Latest News
- 2013 Aquarium of the Pacific 15th Anniversary Publication
- Long Beach Councilmembers Vote To Sue Over Railway Project
- Commercial Real Estate Council Annual Luncheon June 6
- Post Office Assures Service Standards At Long Beach Mail Processing Facility Will Remain High
- Airport Reps: City College Did Not Reach Out Prior To Cutting Aviation Program
- Governor May Use Carbon Auction Monies As Loan To General Fund
- Long Beach Fire Department To Move Forward With Training For ‘Rapid Medic Deployment’ Pilot Program
- Community Meeting May 22 For Draft Mobility Element
- Long Beach Medical Marijuana Advocates Continue Effort To Repeal City Ban Despite State High Court Ruling
Search Our Archives
|Monday Morning Coffee - 5/20/13|
Morning Coffee - A Caffeinated News Update
May 20, 2013
New Issues Of The Long Beach Business Journal Hit Stands Tomorrow:
• Copies are at the office today! Feel free to stop by and pick one up. We're located at 2599 E. 28th St., Ste. 212 in Signal Hill. We open at 8:30 a.m.
City Meetings And Events:
• May 20: Vice Mayor Robert Garcia, in conjunction with the City of Long Beach, hosts a final community meeting on the Armory Park project from 6-7:30 p.m. at the Pacific Island Ethnic Art Museum, 695 Alamitos Ave.
• May 20: Councilmember Gerrie Shipske hosts “Open Up Long Beach” from 6-8 p.m. at the Long Beach Police Officer Association Park, 7390 E. Carson St. The event is a behind the scenes look at Long Beach Police Department’s K-9 Unit. For more information, visit http://www.openuplongbeach.com or call 562/570-6932.
• May 21: The Long Beach City Council’s Long Beach Transportation and Infrastructure Committee meets at 3 p.m. at city hall to discuss: a citywide Pavement Management System; alternative sidewalk maintenance techniques; and more. Visit http://longbeach.legistar.com.
• May 21: Long Beach City Council meets at 5 p.m. at city hall to discuss: $2.1 million in contracts for grounds maintenance services; $1.1 million in contracts for service providers to operate Pacific Gateway Workforce Investment Act Youth Academy projects; and more. Visit http://longbeach.legistar.com.
• May 22: A community meeting for the Long Beach Draft Mobility Element, which is currently in the public comment period, is scheduled for 6 p.m. at the Miller Family Health Education Center, 3820 Cherry Ave. Visit http://www.lbds.info.
• May 23: Signal Hill Chamber of Commerce holds its monthly luncheon from 11:45 a.m.-1:30 p.m. at the Signal Hill Community Center, 1780 E. Hill St. $25. RSVP to Judie Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• May 23: The Long Beach Sustainable City Commission meets at 4 p.m. at city hall to discuss: the Los Cerritos Wetland Conceptual Restoration Plans; Port of Long Beach Climate Change Adaption and Coastal Resiliency Plan; and more. Visit http://longbeach.legistar.com.
• May 29: 7th District Councilmember James Johnson, in conjunction with the city’s police and fire departments, hosts a public safety summit at 7 p.m. at Silverado Park, 1545 W. 31st St., featuring Fire Chief Mike DuRee and Police Chief Jim McDonnell. Call 562/570-7777 or e-mail email@example.com.
• May 30: Temple Israel hosts a new speaker series, “Future Focus,” with inaugural speaker Mayor Bob Foster. The program is at 7:30 p.m. at Temple Israel, 269 Loma Ave. For reservations, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Business Meetings & Events:
• May 20: Wrigley Area Neighborhood Alliance meets from 7-9 p.m. at Veterans Park Social Hall, 101 E. 28th St. Guest Speaker is Ted Stevens of the city’s Animal Care Services. For more information, e-mail email@example.com or call Maria at 562/427-5021.
• May 22: East Spring Street Business Association meets from 6:15-7 p.m. at Joan Stiehl’s Farmers Insurance Office, 6200 E. Spring St., Ste. B.
• May 23: Long Beach Lincoln Club hosts a luncheon at noon at the Long Beach Yacht Club, 6201 E. Appian Way. Guest speaker is Los Angeles County Superior Court Judge Philip Mautino. $25 for members; $35 for non-members. For more information call 562/439-9390.
• May 23: Long Beach Area Republican Party hosts its annual Western Bar-B-Q from 6-8 p.m. at El Dorado Golf Course, 2400 N. Studebaker Rd. Speaker is Ruben Barrales, former director of White House Intergovernmental Affairs and current president of “Grow-Elect,” an organization to help elect Republican Latino candidates to public office. $50. RSVP to 562/424-1246 or visit http://www.longbeachrepublicans.org.
• May 27: Forest Lawn celebrates Memorial Day with its annual program at 10 a.m. at 1500 E. San Antonio Dr.
• May 28: East Anaheim Street Business Alliance hosts its monthly business meeting at noon at the Long Beach Playhouse, 5021 E. Anaheim St. Featured guest speaker is Straight Talk TV host Art Levine. Lunch is optional. RSVP at firstname.lastname@example.org or 562/494-3800