Morning Coffee - A Caffeinated News Update
April 23, 2012
An online survey developed to better understand business owners’ experiences with the City of Long Beach has been made public by the Long Beach Council of Business Associations. Complete the survey by visiting http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/cobasurvey.
April 24 - No City Council Meeting - There is no Long Beach City Council meeting on April 24. The next regular meeting is May 1. For more information, visit http://www.longbeach.gov/council.
May 25 - DLBA Board Of Directors Application Deadline - The Downtown Long Beach Associates (DLBA) is currently accepting applications from downtown stakeholders interested in serving on its board of directors for the 2012-2014 fiscal years beginning October 1. Applicants must complete and return a biography sheet, which may be downloaded at http://www.downtownlongbeach.org/board2012. The deadline for submission is May 25, after which members of the board development committee will review submissions and interview candidates. For more information, call 562/436-4259.
Business Meetings And Other Events:
• April 23: East Division Commander Michael Beckman hosts the quarterly Long Beach Police Department East Division Community Gathering, 6:30-8 p.m., VA Hospital Long Beach. Call 562/570-5882.
• April 24: East Anaheim Street Business Alliance meeting with speaker Leticia Valadez of Long Beach City College’s 10,000 Small Businesses Program, noon, Long Beach Playhouse. RSVP at 562/494-3800 or by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
• April 25: North Long Beach Business Alliance meeting, 8:30-10:30 a.m., Houghton Park. Call 562/570-3315.
• April 25: Long Beach City College (LBCC) hosts an information session for the 10,000 Small Businesses Program, 9:30-11 a.m., LBCC. RSVP at 562/938-5054 or by e-mailing email@example.com.
• April 25: Free “Creating and Sustaining a Nonprofit” workshop, 6-7:30 p.m., Neighborhood Resource Center. RSVP at 562/570-1010.
• April 25: The Arts Council for Long Beach hosts the free “2012 State of the Arts Celebration” to honor this year’s distinguished arts honorees, 6-8 p.m., Expo Arts Center. RSVP at http://www.aclbsoa2012.eventbrite.com.
• April 26: Councilmember Steven Neal hosts the “9th District Employment and Resource Fair,” 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., North Long Beach Community Center. Call 562/570-6137 or visit www.longbeach.gov/district9.
• April 26: Rotaract Long Beach hosts “Love Your City!” to benefit The Palace, a new apartment building for former foster youth, 4:30-11 p.m., The Factory Gastropub. Visit http://www.rotaractlb.org/love-your-city.
• April 26: Uptown Partners hosts its monthly meeting to brainstorm the future of the organization, 6:30-8 p.m., North Long Beach Police Substation. Contact Laurie Angel at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• April 27: The Long Beach Municipal Band Foundation, Partners of Parks and the Long Beach Department of Parks, Recreation and Marine host a “Grand Sousa Gala” to benefit the Long Beach Municipal Band, 6 p.m., Long Beach Convention & Entertainment Center Grand Ballroom. To purchase tickets, call 562/252-5626 or visit http://www.longbeachmunicipalband.org to download an order form.
• April 28: St. Mary Medical Center and St. Anthony High School host the third annual SAINTS Run 5K to benefit the school’s students in need of financial aid, 8 a.m., Belmont Pier. Cost to pre-register on or before April 25 is $15 for participants 18 years old and under, $30 for participants 19 years old and over. Register at http://www.longbeachsaints.org.
Want Morning Coffee to be delivered directly to your inbox?
The Latest News
- UPDATED: $85 Million Increase To Middle Harbor Budget Approved
- Covered California To Provide Online Enrollment For Small Group Health Insurance
- Markets Remain On Slow Growth Trajectory As Pockets Of The Economy Gain Strength
- New Ordinance To Lay Groundwork For Adaptive Reuse Projects In Long Beach
- Port Of Long Beach’s Engineering Bureau Examined By Consulting Firm, May Be Restructured
- Banks Reposition Brick-And-Mortar Retail Strategy As Mobile, Online Usage Increases
- Labor Ordinances To Be Drafted For Airport And Convention Center
Search Our Archives
|Monday Morning Coffee - 8/12/13|
Morning Coffee - A Caffeinated News Update
Check Back Soon For New Updates