Morning Coffee - A Caffeinated News Update
April 26, 2012
April 27 (Tomorrow) Clean Air Awards Nomination Deadline - Nominations are due by 4 p.m. tomorrow, April 27, for the fifth annual San Pedro Bay Ports Clean Air Action Plan Air Quality Awards, in which the ports of Long Beach and Los Angeles will recognize the air pollution reductions made by port tenants as well as local port-related businesses. Nominations may be completed and submitted online by visiting http://www.cleanairactionplan.org/about/awards.asp.
April 30 Harbor Commission Meeting - The Long Beach Board of Harbor Commissioners meets at 1 p.m. at the port administration building, 925 Harbor Plaza. The agenda is forthcoming. For more information, visit http://www.polb.com.
May 1 City Council Meeting - The Long Beach City Council meets at 5 p.m. at City Hall to discuss: purchasing an interactive budget software program for the city’s fiscal year 2013 budget and exploring a possible partnership with Long Beach news media in hosting an online interactive budgeting tool; developing a policy for dealing with revenues realized above projections from ongoing revenue sources; creating a golf advisory committee; and more. For more information, visit http://www.longbeach.gov/council.
May 3 Water Commission Meeting - The Long Beach Board of Water Commissioners meets at 9 a.m. at its administration building, 1800 E. Wardlow Rd. The agenda is forthcoming. For more information, visit http://www.lbwater.org.
May 3 Planning Commission Meeting - The Long Beach Planning Commission meets at 5 p.m. at City Hall. The agenda is forthcoming. For more information, visit http://www.lbds.info/planning.
May 25 - DLBA Board Of Directors Application Deadline - The Downtown Long Beach Associates (DLBA) is currently accepting applications from downtown stakeholders interested in serving on its board of directors for the 2012-2014 fiscal years beginning October 1. Applicants must complete and return a biography sheet, which may be downloaded at http://www.downtownlongbeach.org/board2012. The deadline for submission is May 25, after which members of the board development committee will review submissions and interview candidates. For more information, call 562/436-4259.
Business Meetings And Other Events:
• April 26: Councilmember Steven Neal hosts the “9th District Employment and Resource Fair,” 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., North Long Beach Community Center. Call 562/570-6137 or visit www.longbeach.gov/district9.
• April 26: Rotaract Long Beach hosts “Love Your City!” to benefit The Palace, a new apartment building for former foster youth, 4:30-11 p.m., The Factory Gastropub. Visit http://www.rotaractlb.org/love-your-city.
• April 26: Uptown Partners hosts its monthly meeting to brainstorm the future of the organization, 6:30-8 p.m., North Long Beach Police Substation. Contact Laurie Angel at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• April 27: The Long Beach Municipal Band Foundation, Partners of Parks and the Long Beach Department of Parks, Recreation and Marine host a “Grand Sousa Gala” to benefit the Long Beach Municipal Band, 6 p.m., Long Beach Convention & Entertainment Center Grand Ballroom. To purchase tickets, call 562/252-5626 or visit http://www.longbeachmunicipalband.org to download an order form.
• April 28: St. Mary Medical Center and St. Anthony High School host the third annual SAINTS Run 5K to benefit the school’s students in need of financial aid, 8 a.m., Belmont Pier. Cost to pre-register on or before April 25 is $15 for participants 18 years old and under, $30 for participants 19 years old and over. Register at http://www.longbeachsaints.org.
• May 1: The Long Beach Area Chamber of Commerce hosts its “Good Afternoon Long Beach” business networking lunch with a presentation regarding conducting business in China, 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m., Forbidden City Restaurant. RSVP at http://www.lbchamber.com/events or by e-mailing email@example.com.
• May 1: The Lakewood Toastmasters club hosts an open house with tips on public speaking and leadership development, 6:30 p.m., San Martin Park community center, 5231 Ocana Ave. in Lakewood. Visit http://www.1497.toastmastersclubs.org.
• May 2: Councilmember Patrick O’Donnell hosts “Chat with Pat,” 4:30-6 p.m., Los Altos Library. Visit http://www.longbeach.gov/district4.
• May 3: The Los Angeles County Bar Association International Law Section hosts a conference on the current legal and business developments in global trade with panel speakers from the Port of Long Beach (POLB), local government agencies and international trade attorneys, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., POLB administration building, 925 Harbor Plaza. Register at http://www.onlinestore.lacba.org/calendar.
Want Morning Coffee to be delivered directly to your inbox?
The Latest News
- UPDATED: $85 Million Increase To Middle Harbor Budget Approved
- Covered California To Provide Online Enrollment For Small Group Health Insurance
- Markets Remain On Slow Growth Trajectory As Pockets Of The Economy Gain Strength
- New Ordinance To Lay Groundwork For Adaptive Reuse Projects In Long Beach
- Port Of Long Beach’s Engineering Bureau Examined By Consulting Firm, May Be Restructured
- Banks Reposition Brick-And-Mortar Retail Strategy As Mobile, Online Usage Increases
- Labor Ordinances To Be Drafted For Airport And Convention Center
Search Our Archives
|Monday Morning Coffee - 8/12/13|
Morning Coffee - A Caffeinated News Update
Check Back Soon For New Updates