ABOUT THE LONG BEACH BUSINESS JOURNAL
To Reach Us
2599 East 28th Street, Suite 212
Signal Hill, California 90755-2139
Office hours: M-F, 8:30-5:30
Business Journal Staff
George Economides, Publisher
lb.journal [at] verizon.net
Heather Dann, Sales & Marketing Executive
heather_dann [at] lbbj.com
Evan Patrick Kelly, Photojournalist
evan_kelly [at] lbbj.com
Samantha Mehlinger, Senior Writer
samantha_mehlinger [at] lbbj.com
Sean Belk, Staff Writer
sean_belk [at] lbbj.com
Erin Kleekamp, Intern
erin_kleekamp [at] lbbj.com
distribution [at] lbbj.com
advertising [at] lbbj.com
The Long Beach Business Journal is a publication of South Coast Publishing, Inc., incorporated in the State of California in July 1985. The Business Journal is a tabloid newspaper, published biweekly - every other Tuesday. It has served as the "voice of business" since its premiere edition in March 1987. It covers a wide range of business and community issues, with special focuses on international trade, real estate and development, healthcare, tourism, aviation and aerospace, technology, financial services, the arts, education and the environment. Additionally, the Business Journal editorial team tracks local, state and national legislation impacting business and keeps its readers informed about City Hall actions.
To present accurate, well written and informative articles that make readers think. To challenge city leaders to do what is best for the city as a whole. To encourage residents and businesspeople to speak up and share their opinions on issues impacting the city's well being.
Most copies are distributed within the cities of Long Beach and Signal Hill, with additional circulation in Carson and the community of San Pedro, the Mid-Cities Area and West Orange County. Its readers represent a higher-end market that includes business owners, presidents and CEOs, senior executives, public sector managers and area residents – many of whom live in Long Beach but work in Downtown Los Angeles, the South Bay or Orange County. Readership survey available.
- Press releases may be faxed or e-mailed (see below).
- Please, no phone calls about press releases.
- Since the Business Journal is published every other Tuesday, press releases about events should be sent 30 days in advance of event date.
These Values Govern All That We Do
- Our readers come first
- Our foremost standard of conduct is integrity
- Every employee is a team member and contributes to our success individually and collectively
- We are committed to the communities in which we live and work
- We realize the value in actively recruiting, developing and mentoring talented individuals of diverse cultures and backgrounds
- We reserve the right to refuse any advertisement that we deem inappropriate, misleading or contrary to the highest ethical standards of business