READ IT NOW - MORE NEWS, MORE OFTEN
Councilmember O'Donnell’s “Chat With Pat” Features Nextdoor.com’s Justine Fenwick
By Kendra Ablaza, Staff Writer
February 5, 2013 - Nextdoor.com’s Senior City Strategist Justine Fenwick is the guest speaker at Councilmember Patrick O'Donnell’s monthly, “Chat With Pat,” meeting tomorrow from 4:30-6 p.m. at the Los Altos Library. Nextdoor.com is a free, private neighborhood-based social network many 4th District residents use to discuss public safety and community issues, according to O’Donnell.
“I feel it's important to inform my residents on how to use the site to get to know their neighbors and what's going on in their community,” O’Donnell said in a statement.
O’Donnell told the Business Journal he joined the site about eight months ago to post about neighborhood events, and that it is great for following neighborhood trends and concerns.
“It is a great way to notify neighbors about new businesses as well,” he said.
“Chat with Pat” is a monthly community meeting featuring guests of interest to the 4th District and is open to all residents. According to his website, O’Donnell is the only councilmember who holds a monthly meeting where residents can share their thoughts and concerns. Previous “Chat with Pat” guests included former Assemblymember Betty Karnette, Mayor Bob Foster, and CSULB President F. King Alexander.
The Latest News
- UPDATED: $85 Million Increase To Middle Harbor Budget Approved
- Covered California To Provide Online Enrollment For Small Group Health Insurance
- Markets Remain On Slow Growth Trajectory As Pockets Of The Economy Gain Strength
- New Ordinance To Lay Groundwork For Adaptive Reuse Projects In Long Beach
- Port Of Long Beach’s Engineering Bureau Examined By Consulting Firm, May Be Restructured
- Banks Reposition Brick-And-Mortar Retail Strategy As Mobile, Online Usage Increases
- Labor Ordinances To Be Drafted For Airport And Convention Center