READ IT NOW - MORE NEWS, MORE OFTEN
Toyota Pro/Celebrity Race Names Scion FR-S As Official Race Vehicle
By Kendra Ablaza, Staff Writer
February 7, 2013 - Toyota Motorsports and Scion announced today that the Scion FR-S sports coupe is the official 2013 Toyota Pro/Celebrity Race vehicle. The annual charity event, now in its 36th year, takes place April 20 as part of the Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach weekend.Launched in the summer of 2012, the newly designed Scion FR-S sports coupes produce 210 horsepower and come equipped with Toyota Racing Development products such as stainless-steel exhaust, coil-over shocks and springs, big brake kit featuring Hawk Performance brake pads, performance air intake and 18-inch wheels, Scion officials said.
Each year, the event raises more than $100,000 for Racing For Kids, a nonprofit, national charity founded in Detroit in 1989 that draws on the popularity of motorsports to bring funding to the healthcare needs of children and child health institutions, according to its website. The charity race has donated more than $2 million to the organization since 1991, the statement said.
For more information about the 2013 Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach, or to purchase tickets, visit www.gplb.com.
The Latest News
- UPDATED: $85 Million Increase To Middle Harbor Budget Approved
- Covered California To Provide Online Enrollment For Small Group Health Insurance
- Markets Remain On Slow Growth Trajectory As Pockets Of The Economy Gain Strength
- New Ordinance To Lay Groundwork For Adaptive Reuse Projects In Long Beach
- Port Of Long Beach’s Engineering Bureau Examined By Consulting Firm, May Be Restructured
- Banks Reposition Brick-And-Mortar Retail Strategy As Mobile, Online Usage Increases
- Labor Ordinances To Be Drafted For Airport And Convention Center