– 49 people dead and 53 others were wounded during a terrorist/hate crime attack at Pulse, a gay nightclub in Orlando.
– Donald Trump defeats Hillary Clinton in the presidential election race, despite media projections of a Clinton victory.
– Thousands gather near the Standing Rock Reservation in North Dakota to protest the construction of the Dakota Access Pipeline near tribal lands and water.
– Flint, Michigan, water crisis declared a state of emergency and the Environmental Protection Agency takes over testing of drinking water.
– NASA’s Juno space probe enters orbit around Jupiter.
– Police officers were targeted with increased violence, including an incident where five officers were killed by a sniper in Dallas, Texas.
– Antonin Scalia, associate Justice of the Supreme Court, found dead on a remote Texas ranch while on a hunting trip.
– Barack Obama becomes the first sitting president to visit Cuba since Calvin Coolidge in 1928.
– Presidential election rocked by WikiLeak releases, Russian hacking, FBI probes, upheaval at the DNC, the Bernie Sanders revolution, fake news and much more.
– The Wells Fargo scandal: two million accounts opened without customers’ authorization